Sunday, February 23, 2014

No more battery operated toys!!

I decided that for some time, I am taking away all Perla's battery operated toys. I wanted to give her toys that she can explore, touch, feel, and not only push buttons and hear music or words. So, I decided to make her some toys that will hopefully help with her fine motor skills. I made her toys using things I already had at home, or that my neighbors graciously donated to me. So, here is a list of what I have made.

1. Bucket full of different ball shapes and colors.


2. Put the lids in the whole. (this feta cheese container was perfect for this project)


3. Put the pom-poms in the holes.


4. Feel the balloons. These balloons are filled with different materials like beans, lentils, flour, sugar, water, rice, and oatmeal.


5. Shake the bottle and wonder!! I filled the bottle with water, put a couple of drops of food coloring, placed in some bids and glitter.


6. Pull the ribbon! I have tied together 6 or 7 ribbons so that when she pulls one, she will pull another one and so forth.


7. Blocks! Perla loves to put the blocks in her mouth and to knock down the castles that we build with them!


8. Stuffed animals in a basket! Aren't they so cute in that basket?! Too bad that Perla wants to take them all out when I put her on the floor. :) I am happy when she does that though, that's the purpose of the basket.


9. Dig out the treasures!!




10. Squishy bag! I taped and taped again a plastic bag on the fridge. I put in some hair gel and some bids for Perla to move around. It is way fun even for adults!!


I hope you enjoyed my projects, and I hope you will try some with your kids.
Do you have any favorite toys for your kids? Share your ideas with me!

Warmly,
Juliana Kostandini

No comments:

Post a Comment