Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Spiritual thought

Last night we held our weekly family home evening. I shared a message from October General Conference. The talk was from Elder Scott, "Personal strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ". This quote from the talk really stood out to me, "As you lose your life in the service of Father in Heaven's children, Satan's temptations lose power in your life". 
I have always had a testimony that service blesses the lives of both the giver and the receiver. Service is the way we can serve our Heavenly Father. It is the way we can forget of our problems and feel our burdens lightened. It is the way to be Heavenly Father's hands here on Earth. It is the way to create and maintain close relationships with our fellowmen. 
What I didn't know is that by serving others, we become more immune to Satan's temptations. He won't be able to tempt us if we lose ourselves in the service of others.
Countless are the blessings that come from service. 



The Lord Jesus Christ taught, "Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it" (Luke 9:24).
"I believe," said President Thomas S. Monson, "the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually
shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish- and in effect save their lives."

I hope you and I will be more focused on helping others! Every night  before going to bed I will think to myself, "Have I done any good in the world today?". If not, I have failed indeed.

Have a great day!

Warmly,
Juliana

How has service blessed your lives? Leave a comment, I love comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment