Sunday, March 28, 2021

Today is your birthday, a special day...

 Today is my baby girl's birthday! I was so excited in the morning; I couldn't believe she is already 8 years old. This is the day she was born 8 years ago. Where did time go??

The day was Friday. It started as a normal day, I started working and hubby did too. However he came home early and together with Eden they went and got candy to make a pinata for the birthday party. We had planned to have a birthday party in the afternoon. Initially Perla was going to school and I was going to decorate for the party. But we ended up being late, so she didn't go to school. I asked her to stay in her room while we blew the balloons, prepared the treats, the games etc. We were ready for the guests! We had invited cousins and neighbors. There were in total 7 kids in our house, 2 grandmas, and 1 aunt.

Initially all the guests had to come to the house through a maze. I had taped the corridor and made it like a laser maze. After everyone was sitted, Miri was the pizza chef in charge. We had a pizza bar with different toppings the kids could pick from and Miri would bake the pizzas for them. 

While eating food, I showed a video I had made with clips from when Perla was a cute, adorable baby. After cleaning the table, everyone sat for drawing time. I had bought a small canvas for everyone and had put tape to form the first letter of their first name. They were to color the canvas and when it was dry, we removed the tape and they could see their letter. This was a little gift for them to take home.

After that, I painted their faces with whatever thing they picked. The girls wanted their faces as butterflies, and the boys chose iron man and superman.

Next, we had a doughnut eating contest. I threaded doughnuts and everyone stayed in line. They were to eat the doughnuts without hands. I put the timer for one minute and in the end, we would see who had eaten more from their doughnut. It was hilarious to see the kids struggling to eat their doughnuts. Especially because the doughnuts would slide. They had a blast to say the least.

In the end we had karaoke and another contest where I had taped on the wall different years on one side and Perla's pictures on the other and they were to correctly match the picture to the date.

I enjoyed this birthday a lot, especially because last year for her birthday we were in complete lock-down. And to see my baby girl have so much fun, made it all worth the while.

She is so kind and is always looking to make new friends everywhere she goes. She is hard working and loves to help in the house. She has started writing (with some help) on her little diary. She also has a recipe notebook where she writes the recipes we cook together. She loves to make crafts and she makes them independent from me. She speaks both English and Albanian and reads in both languages, but she only writes in Albanian for now. She has started to learn piano as well this year. She has picked up quickly. She is very flexible and is always practicing her cartwheels and handstand. She knows what she likes, and she works towards becoming better at it. She won't stand if someone is speaking to her disrespectfully or treating her like a child or deciding for her. She is really good about following rules. For instance, she has never complained about wearing the mask at school and to and from school even though a lot of people don't keep it anymore or will wear it under their noses. She loves to draw and color. She is already asking for a phone (her friends all have phones) but she knows she won't get one for a looong time. 😊 She doesn't like her daddy kissing her when he has facial hair, and will demand he shaves if he wants to kiss her. She is growing up and she has her own personality, and it is so fun to see her bloom. Sometimes we get frustrated with each other but she is so quick to say sorry and so am I. She is fantastic. She is getting ready to be baptized soon. I am so happy for her. She is convinced she wants to be baptized even though she is only 8. I was 19 when I made that decision. She has a family to help her grow in the gospel. We are cheering for her; we will always be here for her. Life with you my baby Perla is so beautiful! I am just the luckiest mama to have you! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment