Saturday, October 28, 2023

A very important beginning...

 My son was baptized today a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We have actually waited for this day for a long year. He wanted to be baptized close to his birthday becasue he wanted two parties. We were going to have it next Saturday after his birthday but because it was going to be a bit complicated if he was baptized 9 years old, we decided to move it to today. 

It was a special day and even though we had already gone through one baptism with Perla the emotinos were still strong. It is a great feeling to see your child decide to by himself to enter the fold of God. He chose to follow the Savior and to be his disciple all his life. I am sure he still doesn't understand the entire meaning of the covenants he made today, but he has his whole life to understand it. He has a desire now, and he has the seed of faith already planted in his heart. I hope it grows to be a huge tree and to fill out his life with so much joy. I am proud of him and for being so mature to make this decision by himself.

As always I was rushing to get everything ready and perfect. I love to do that for my kids even though it's tiring for me, time consuming, expensive etc. But I still do for every occasion we get. Every occasion is special with my kids, they are once in a life time events. They are only 8 once, or 9 or 10, so I want to celebrate them on any occasion I get. 

Anyway, I got everything I wanted and set up a pretty table at the chapel. I got him a new towel for his baptism and had embroidered his name and today's date so he can have as a keepsake from this day. We had family coming and a few friends. He had asked to have a private baptism and he got that.

He was happy and chatty all the time. He enjoyed being the center of attention. Perla, daddy and myself we gave talks and the bishop spoke as well. The bishopric even got him a Lego set as a gift for his baptism. Our bishop is pretty awesome!

We spend some time with our friends and families and then came home and took a nap! :D











No comments:

Post a Comment