Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How to bake a whole chicken and benefits of drinking bone broth

Well, I had never cooked a whole chicken or turkey until past Thanksgiving. I took the courage to learn how to cook it. I was so nervous and preparation time took extra long. To add to the stress I was having guests over for the day after Thanksgiving. I looked at recipes online and looked different videos. Finally, I found the recipe while watching Food network. The turkey turned out great; crispy in the outside and juicy inside. Since then, I have used this recipe every time I have cooked whole chicken. The recipes asks for fresh rosemary, butter, lemon, lemon zest, salt and pepper. The smell of rosemary and lemon while the chicken is cooking is just amazing.


This picture is from last Sunday! This is half way through cooking. By the end the color was darker. I used half of the chicken to make a basic chicken soup. It was simple but very tasty, and full of nutrients from the chicken. Click here to find the recipe for the chicken.



Not only does whole chicken taste better than just chicken breasts or thighs from the store, there are great health benefits associated withe bone broth too. I found some of the health benefits in this website.

Make sure to take a look at the website. Usually, when left to cook longer, bone broth is more rich in nutrients. I gave to Perla some bone broth to drink when she had a cold. I believe it helped her, and she really liked it to.

Take care and leave please leave a comment, I love comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Warmly,
Juliana

6 comments:

  1. That chicken looks so delicious. I want to eat it right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel, I will bake a whole lamb for you guys when you come back from China!

      Delete
  2. Yum Roasted Chicken! I remember my mom telling me when I was young how great the bone broth is! I know in Albania they give bone broth to people who are sick because of the great nutrients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Ema! What was mind blowing for me was that I didn't know that good broth was made from bones and not meat. It is good to know!

      Delete
  3. Good idea-I heard you can even give the bone broth to babies? Pretty awesome. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, that is true! As I said on the post, I gave it to my baby 9-months at that time. It is natural and so healthy, no reason why not give it to kids as well! Thanks for your comment! I love your blog as well! You are such an inspiration to me!

      Delete