Friday, May 2, 2014

Breakfast-on-the-go (2)

I have a confession to make (this is the first of many that I will probably make in the future). I hate to make breakfast, or at least most days of the week. My family is not a huge fan of oatmeal, which I think is really healthy, and we don't eat any kind of cold cereal. Also, we limit pancakes/waffles to only once a week. So, as you can imagine, our breakfast choices are limited. We end up eating a lot of eggs during the week, cooked differently of course, but it concerns me that sometimes it can be a lot of eggs. Anyway, I have found two new recipes that are easy, and/or can be made in advance, and/or can be put in the freezer for those mornings you don't have time to cook.

Smoothies
My favorite smoothie recipes are those that have some kind of protein in them so it can keep me full longer. So, here are my two favorite smoothie recipes.

Green smoothie
Just blend together the following ingredients:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 to 3 heaping handfuls of spinach
  • 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1 to 1-1/2 cups almond (or soy or regular) milk
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Just blend the following ingredients

  • 2 whole bananas
  • 2 cups ice
  • 1/3 cup yogurt-prefereably greek yogurt flavored with honey
  • 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal (I have used raw every time I have made this recipe, ups!)
  • 1/3 cup almonds
Breakfast Burrito
The next recipe is a breakfast burrito. You can find online a lot of different kind of recipes for breakfast burritos. I used this one! I didn't use sausage and they were amazingly good. Again, you can make them ahead of time and freeze them.





What is your favorite breakfast recipe? I desperately need new breakfast recipes, I get bored very easily with the same recipes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Warmly,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment