Saturday, April 26, 2014

Breakfast on-the-go!

We  had a great two day at our graduation! Honestly, both days were kind of tiring. However, we felt special and felt like we had accomplished something great! Here is a picture from our graduation!


Now, I am sure many of you like me have days when you wake up in the morning with no idea what to make for breakfast or you are so late for school or work that you don't have time to cook but you don't want to skip breakfast, the most important meal of the day :-). So, I have two quick breakfast recipes that you can make in batches and save them in your fridge or freezer for a quick grab.

Egg muffins



There are many recipes online for egg muffins. The way I made mine is that I sauteed one onion and lots of vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, and broccoli. After they were tender, I placed them at the bottom of the muffin paper cups. On the other side, I beat some eggs with some cheese and spices and poured them on top of the vegetables. Make sure it's not all the way up to the top. Bake them until they are firm and bubbly.

Oatmeal muffins


I wanted to get a recipe with as little sugar as possible. Again, there are many recipes for oatmeal muffins but this is the one I used when I made these.
1 c rolled oats
1 c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c milk (I used skim)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp coconut oil or butter melted
1/3 c sugar
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
I added 1/2 c raisins

Preheat oven to 375
In a medium bowl mic: oatmeal, applesauce, milk, egg, vanilla, butter, and sugar. Set aside.
In large bowl whisk: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, raisins.
Combine both bowls together. Do not use a blender, and don't over mix.
Put in muffin pan and bake for 15-20min.
The recipe makes about 12.

I hope you enjoy these recipes and hopefully they will help you to not skip breakfast when you have a busy morning.

Warmly,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment