Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What we eat!

I hope you all had a fabulous Independence Day and weekend. We had an awesome time with friends! We spent time with some of our dearest friends who unfortunately moved out of the state. We are happy for them as they start their new life, but we will miss them so so much! Fourth of July lunch was amazing!! I wish I could have a meal like that every day! It was made from the hands of three great chefs that we have the pleasure to know. We were treated like kings and queens. No burgers, barbecue or anything junkie. We made it through the holiday and we stayed on track by eating delicious healthy food. Too bad I didn't take any pictures! I was too busy eating apparently.

Anyway, since we are talking about food and since we went shopping during the weekend, I am going to share with you what we bought.



These are groceries for about a month. We went to three stores Walmart, Costco and Sprouts. I bought most of the stuff from the first picture at Walmart and I did a lot of price matching for the fruits and veggies. Most of our produce, if not all of it, is not organic. I know that organic is healthier and better, but for the moment we can't afford it. My idea is as long as we are eating lots of fruits and veggies, we will be fine. I may be wrong, but this is what works for us. I love price matching, I find everything ready on this website pricematchwithrachel.com. So I am not actually looking at all the ads.

Next we went to Costco (second picture). I froze most of the bananas and most of the spinach we got there and I am going to use it in smoothies together with the berries.

Lastly, we went to Sprouts to buys some stuff in bulk like oatmeal, quinoa, nuts and dried fruits. Sorry I didn't take a picture of those.

Now the most important part, the cost of all this food. We paid about $200 for everything (2 adults and one infant). And as I said most of this will last for the entire month if not longer. The pictures don't show everything we got, but it gives a basic idea. Let me know if you have any questions or any tips for us to save money or eat healthier.

Thanks for stopping by!

Warmly,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment