Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy late birthday to me!!

Well, I had a birthday this month on the 3rd, and my husband had his on August 28th. The good thing about having our birthdays close to each other, is that we only make one party in between birthdays. This year we went out for dinner, and did something fun together. We didn't want any gifts, there wasn't anything that we really needed. However, I got a $10 gift card to Amazon from a friend of mine. Now, there is only that much you can buy with $10. However, when you have been a poor student for a long time, some of the attitudes come back. Let's say they come back most of the time. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get something for me, for Perla, or for the house. I narrowed it down and decided to get something for the kitchen. It wasn't a very hard decision considering that I am continuously trying new recipes and striving to prepare healthy meals.

This is my new toy, a spiralizer. I am not going to mention which brand I got, because I don't want to advertise any of them. I love my spiralizer!!! So far I have tried it on zucchini and carrots. I am excited to try it on other fruits and veggies. I am including in this post a short summary of two of the recipes we have had using our spiralizer.


My spiralizer!! *-*


Zoodles (Zucchini noodles)


My husband cooked the first dish we had using our Spiralizer (I think he was excited too about our new toy). He sauteed the zucchini noodles in olive oil, garlic, and walnuts. The sauce is a marinara sauce, and we topped it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.



Second dish is Zucchini noodles with a avocado sauce and grilled chicken, The avocado sauce was 2 avocados, 2 clove garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper blended in a food processor. Yummy!


I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Warmly,
Juliana

2 comments:

  1. This seems such a fun thing to have in the kitchen. I am sure you are going to put it in good use and make delicious dishes as always. hugs

    ReplyDelete