Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fall, thank you for the Squash-es :)


I never thought I would like fall as much as I do this year. I decided to take advantage and experiment with the fall squashes. And to my surprise, we have loved them.
For the recipes I am sharing with you today, I have experimented with butternut squash. Some friends of ours gave us some from their garden.
Yumm fresh butternut squash!! I had to do some research on the recipes because I wasn't familiar with this vegetable.
I am happy to say that our whole family likes this vegetable and we will eat it weekly. My next post will probably be with recipes made with another fall squash. Anyway, I will leave it for later. I hope you enjoy the recipes and let me know what is your favorite butternut squash recipe so I can try it out!


Baked Butternut Squash with Honey-balsamic Glazed Salmon

The recipe how to bake butternut squash can be found here.


Vegetarian Butternut Squash Chili

I never follow a recipe to make chili but here is a recipe close to the one I made. (I omitted the chard. The topping is homemade sour cream and cheddar cheese).



Butternut Squash bread

Oh this was soo good!! The recipe is for gluten free bread, mine was not, I used whole wheat flour instead of oat flour. The recipe can be found here.
The bread tasted really good with some honey on top. Yum yum!!



Thank you for stopping by!

Warmly,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment