Wednesday, August 20, 2014

He is finally back home!!!!

Most of you didn't know that I have spent the past 6 weeks without my husband. He had a work training and had to be away from me and Perla. Missed him? Immensely!! This was the first time, since we have been married, that we have been away from each other for so long. I am grateful for friends and family who have been close to us to help us make this time more bearable.

Sadly, this month was our third anniversary, and we weren't together to celebrate it. But here is to a lifetime and eternity together!!!! CHEERS!!!!

Well, enough said about me and him. Something else I have realized during this time I was without my husband is that I have gained a lot of sympathy for singles, single moms, and moms whose husbands are in the Army and away from home.
I feel sympathy for singles because they haven't found the person they want to share their life with. That person is a special one, he or she loves you more than any other person in this world, understands you better than anyone, cares for you and trusts you with all his or her life (Don't get me wrong, parents are very special too, but in a different way from a wife or a husband). I feel privileged to have found that person.( Keep in mind he didn't fall from the sky, God put us in each others paths, but we had to do the rest ;-))
I feel sympathy for single moms. I look at myself and I get to stay home with my baby and do the things I love the most, taking care of my family, and raising my child. A single mom has to be the man and the woman in the house, she has to be the husband and the wife, the mother and the father, and that is a lot of responsibility.
I feel sympathy for the wives of the solders. Not only are their husbands away from them, but they live with the fear that something bad may happen to their husbands.

All these thoughts made me be more grateful for my husband and the life we have. We shouldn't take our spouses for granted. God has given them to us, He has entrusted them to us, we need to show Him that we value His gift to us.



My favorite moment was to see Perla's reaction when she saw Miri after 6 weeks. She didn't show almost any emotion, she just hugged him and hugged him.


Don't mind Perla's face, she had just eaten some of the treats daddy had brought home. Don't you love her dress, it has her name engraved in front.


Thanks for stopping by!

Warmly,
Juliana

1 comment:

  1. Na bere per te qare moj cupe. Sono proprio contententa che il papino รจ tornato a casa. Un abbraccio grande per voi.

    ReplyDelete