Thursday, August 7, 2014

When I get crafty

Many of you know that I am not a crafty person. I don't like to spend money on craft supplies, I feel like the result won't be worth the time, etc. I also don't like to spend money on decorations for our apartment (unless it's a not a very expensive art piece of a temple, or Jesus Christ, then yes I would buy it). If you come to our apartment, you'll see plain white walls, nothing on them. I found some easy craft ideas on Pinterest that I could do, and that would be very affordable because I had everything that was needed. So, now we have two art pieces in our apartment, one in our bedroom wall and the other on Perla's room wall. Here are a few pictures, in case you want to use the ideas. I think they turned out pretty well. I hope you don't think they are junk. ;-) Be nice please!


Can you see what it is made off? TOILET PAPER EMPTY ROLLS!!!



I am sad because you can't see the colors very well. After painting them in red, orange, yellow and grey, I painted the pieces with a glitter paint. I wanted it to sparkle when the sun would come in. Well, the sun doesn't come in our bedroom a lot, so in the end it was a waste of time painting the pieces twice. :-(




As you can imagine the "P" stands for Perla. Initially I wanted to do the whole name, but I did the letter from scratch using a cardboard box and it took me a lot of time. It is not perfect as you can see, oh well!! The butterflies are origami butterflies made out of colorful paper.



Oh and it is taped on the wall. I have been forgetting to get some nails every time I go to the store. But it works for us like this! ;-)


Thanks for stopping by!
Warmly,
Juliana

2 comments:

  1. I really love the P you did for Perla's room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ceci! I really wanted to put some more colors in her room. As I look at it, I can see all sorts of imperfections, but I think overall it looks good! ;-)

      Delete