Monday, January 6, 2014

FHE Lesson: Missionary work message from the Book of Mormon

Tonight for Family Home Evening, my husband shared a message from the Book of Mormon about missionary work.
Opening Hymn: Called to serve (#249)
Closing Hymn: I'll go where you want me to go (# 270)
The scriptures we discussed are Alma 17 and 26

Alma 17:3 The Sons of Mosiah were very successful in their mission due to much prayer and fasting. This behavior gave them power and authority. (Hard Work)

Alma 17:4 This verse shows us that they had served a mission among the Lamanites for 14 years and brought many people before God. (Good Results)

Alma 17:5 However, the mission brings a lot of challenges as well, challenges which tested the sons of Mosiah in both body and spirit. (Endurance)

Alma 26:35  In this verse the sons of Mosiah state that no other men had experienced such a great joy as they had. (Blessings)

When they returned from their missions, they had much joy even unto boasting because many had been converted and come unto God. Ammon states that this gospel is his light, his life and his salvation
In Alma 26:36 we read
Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from it body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.

These powerful stories once again reminded us of the great blessings that come from missionary work. I hope that it will inspire you as well!

What was your Family Home Evening lesson tonight? Share it with me!

Warmly,

Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment