Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Breakfast



We started 2014 with this delicious breakfast. I believe you all will agree that this is one of the healthiest breakfast recipe out there. Hopefully, this is a good sign meaning that this year we are going to eat healthier.
For breakfast we had Banana pancakes with homemade cranberry sauce and vegetable omelet.

Banana Pancakes
Mix together 1 banana and 1 egg. That's all. Use the mix as you would use a normal pancake mix. I made two pancakes with one banana and one egg.

Cranberry sauce
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
One 12-ounce bag cranberries
Combine the sugar, orange juice, water, cinnamon, salt and cranberries in a medium saucepan. Bring up to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.

Vegetable Omelet
1/4 green bell pepper
2 green onions
1/4 zucchini
1 cup spinach
3 eggs
Saute all the vegetables in low heat for 10 minutes with some olive oil, then add eggs. Also add, salt and pepper as desired.
(This is the recipe I used for the omelet but you can add any vegetables you like and add as many eggs as you like).

I hope you enjoy this recipe! HAPPY NEW YEAR! MAY THIS YEAR BE FULL OF BLESSINGS IN YOUR FAMILIES!

Warmly,
Juliana

Do you have any traditions in your family for New Year's Breakfast? What would you do differently in this recipe? I would love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Juli - we love your blog! What an easy recipe for banana pancakes - we will have to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it Sunshine! Keep reading my blog I will continue posting easy, cheap and healthy recipes. I agree about the pancakes, our babies would love them as well!

    ReplyDelete